Wednesday 17 February 2010

First week on folksy and fabric

So my shop's been open a week and in that time I've made one online sale and six offline sales from people who'd seen the items on it, two of which were custom items (and one 'almost' sale to the US but the buyer disapeared and didn't complete payment!). So I'm happy with the start I've had! I'm still working hard to catch up with listing items, taking photos, updating facebook and twitter, trying out other online venues to sell and eventually I'll maybe get the time to make some more items. My first online sale was to a fellow folksy shop owner pussy galore who makes beautiful sock cats, check her out!

In the meantime I've discovered Spoonflower, a service that lets you get designs made into fabric, it's US based but looks great, hopefully in the future I'll be able to use it for a project. The way it works you upload your designs and then they'll print them for you but you can also sell your new fabrics to the public through the site, there is some really nice stuff on there, a wee showcase of some of my favourites is below:


This includes fabrics available from: craftylittlemia , renule , maile , petunias , bronhoffer , royal forest , cabinpressstudio , troismiettes and hlozik

14 comments:

  1. What a successful week - Congratulations! I'm not surprised you are having good sales- I think your things are great. I favourited your shop as soon as I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fleurs! I've a few inquiries about making some custom iems from people I know too. Looking forward to making moer online sales though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those fabrics are gorgeous! I want to make a design one day!

    Well done on a good first week, & long may it continue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks pollyorange, aren't they - i've some ideas to make things...someday

    ReplyDelete
  5. sound slike a good week and your new blog layout looks great! Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a great start, so many people wait months before their first sale. Well done. I've been open a week now and had one sale so am very happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done - a very successful week. Onward and upward as they say.

    Jill
    www.crafteecardz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to try Spoonflower, but I've been stopped because I have no idea of the best graphics program to put designs together in. Any suggestions? I am a mac user, but any software would be a start...

    ReplyDelete
  9. well i use illustrator for things like that, also corel draw. There are some free alternative though I think if you dont have them

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need to make friends with a student! Adobe Illustrator is £450, Corel Draw Student Edition is £55! Why-oh-why is software so expensive! (I think you had better tell me about those free alternatives too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not used it but I know a lot of people swear by inkscape (as a free alternative to illustrator) you can find it here: http://inkscape.org/

    works on a mac too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your first sale. I'll be opening up soon so I'll be hoping for a few sales too! Just had a wee look at your folksy shop. Love your Pink Cloisonne Bead earrings!

    Nerys x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done your your sales, that's brilliant news. Love the fabrics - could just buy and buy and buy! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done you thats great news!!
    ive got to look into spoonflower i soo wanna get some of my work printed up
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...